UnLocal, Inc.is a non-profit organization that provides free immigration legal services and education to the undocumented immigrant community. We are looking to hire a Social Media Intern who will can take charge of developing a Social Media plan, implementing it to widen our reach and influence as well as cultivate our public image during this vital time in history for immigrants and their families.
To succeed in the role, the candidate must be self-motivated, creative, ambitious, organized, and have strong time management skills and a sense of urgency for critical deadlines. We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to work independently and as a member of our team. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each member of the team is encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, execution and culture.
Job Type: Internship
- Have an interest or experience in immigration-related work. Must be informed on current events and topics related to immigration
- Experienced in using Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Excellent writing skills in English and Spanish
- Interested in expanding knowledge and use of social media in marketing
- Committed to growing our social media following to aid in our organization’s success
- Pitch ideas and create native content for Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat.
- Pull and analyze reports on campaign and channel performance.
- Structure and run A/B tests.
- Attend monthly sporadic evening and weekend events
Interns will receive a small monthly stipend.
Application Due Date: February 1st, 2017
If you’re interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and sample piece of writing with the subject line: Internship Application 2017 — to Tania Mattos at Tania@unlocal.org.